Last year I made my first New Years resolution ever, and I typed it on Facebook, wrote it on paper, and kept it on my fridge all year.
New years resolution 2013: live debt free. Trust in God and not credit cards or loans. Make sacrifices most would not dream of, so the quality (not quantity) of our life is rich. God help give us the guidance, resources, and steady encouragement we will surely need to endure this challenge.
Danny and I both stuck to this resolution, and because we placed God in the center, the blessings from trusting in Him are just mind blowing! We faced our most challenging financial year ever in 2013. To start the year off, Danny's paychecks were considerably less due the company's policy changing regarding commission. (We found out this lovely news just 1 month after knowing about baby number 3!) We had to make changes, and even ask for help. We cut our cell phone plans back, we did not upgrade our phones when we were due, we cancelled our DVR and cable, and Danny works very hard doing side jobs whenever possible to earn grocery money. With our income tax return money, we payed off Danny's small truck loan, our 2nd mortgage, and refinanced our 1st. We also had to swallow our pride and apply for WIC to help us make ends meet. I'm still not comfortable using WIC checks to get our basic necessities, however I am grateful for the assistance. Especially since Lucas has to drink the most expensive formula on the market due to his milk protein intolerance.
Along with us doing everything we know how to cut expenses and increase profit, God has met every single one of our needs exactly when we needed it! We would randomly get checks in the mail from all sorts of places, at just the right time of a big or small unexpected expense. Like, a check from our escrow account, or over payment on some medical bills.
I know this is a lot of personal information, but I write about it anyway in case our life could be an encouragement to others possibly struggling with the same thing. One huge thing I learned this past year is, if it is a true need, God will provide. We need to be patient and wait for His timing. I learned we should not go out and get the latest gadget even though all our friends have nicer versions of what we have. We should not decided we "need" something and run out with the credit card in hand to buy it. Again, if its a true need, God will provide.
Now it is that time of year again, and I'm wanting to make another New Year's resolution with God in the center of it. We desperately need to sell our condo and buy a new home where our boys have a safe place to play. We have tried a few times over the last several years to sell with no luck at all. I now see why we had no luck. We did not put God first! We tried to do things our way, and our way was not the right way. This time, I am going through a Christian Real Estate company, where we will be matched with a pre-screened Christian Realtor.
Today, I will be mindful of keeping God's will, and come up with a resolution for 2014. I will post it on my status tomorrow.
As always, thanks for reading my bog! Happy New Year everyone!!
You can do it!! Good luck, it will all be worth it. :)
ReplyDelete