Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Writer's Cramp

Today I wrote my first letter in ages.  Yes...hand written with pen and paper, putting together a serious of letters and words. A letter! And tomorrow it will be folded into an envelope, addressed (again by using a pen on paper!) and a stamp placed on the outside.   ....Okay, enough with the sarcasm.


I was rather shocked at the difficulty I was having writing this letter, mentally and physically. It was hard to think of a subject, properly form paragraphs, and actually spell words out correctly. I wanted to abbreviate everything! 


When I had finished writing, my hand was cramping, felt swollen, and the discomfort even continued up thru my wrist and forearm! I just looked at my hand, like, really??  How did you make it thru high school and all those essay and reports?? I say my hand writing muscles are severely out of shape! 

Yep...that's it. That's my blog for today. Totally random and silly. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ha! You young people :). Seriously though - It's amazing how wonderful it feels to get a card in the mail and recognize the handwriting and get excited before you even open it. I remember getting letters in the mail - and how I would savor setting aside the time to read them. And I'm "only" 39! I think I will make it a point to send letters (or at least cards that I actually write in) out in the next few weeks. Maybe they'll brighten someone's day that's not expecting them!! :) So be sure to check your mail Melissa!! Thanks for the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, getting letters and cards in the mail is great! I'm the type that can't wait to open. I tear open the envelope and start reading before I even get back in the house! :P

    ReplyDelete